THE ORGANIZATION: NANDI TEA ESTATES LTD.
The estate has a total of 1,047 hectares of mature Tea. Fuel, Timber plantation and indigenous forest cover an area of 373 Hectares while buildings, open spaces & roads/ravines and other wetlands occupy 208 Hectares.
All these spread in three divisions. The factory has a processing capacity of 6,000,000 kg of CTC tea per annum, of which 4.1 million is from our estates and the balance from out growers.
TEA GROWING ... TEA PROCESSING .... TEA MARKETING
We have consistently manufactured quality tea in the above shown grades and are currently one of the leading manufacturers in West of Rift Valley.
Our production volumes have over the years increased and are currently at over 4.5 million kilos of made tea per year inclusive of bought leaf from neighboring small holder out growers. In the last three years our own farms account for 69% while small scale holders 31%
Nandi Tea Estates Ltd is committed to operating in a sustainable environment and is Rainforest Alliance Certified. The company is in the process of getting ISO 22000 on food Safety and is a member of the Tea Sourcing Partners. It has Mark of Origin certification and all its tea products have passed Kenya Bureau of Standards as required by law.
Our Core Values
- Sticking to international best practices in the planting and processing of tea.
- Nurturing employee teamwork and maintaining strict discipline
- Adherence to legal and ethical guidelines
- Ensuring that the workforce maintain & sustains positive attitude to work
- Emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Efficient and effective marketing strategy